Job LocationsUS-WI-Beaver DamPost Start Date3 months ago(5/24/2019 3:12 PM)Medical Assistant Instructor
Req No.| 2019-1520
Internal or Internal/External| Internal/External
Category| Academic Affairs - Health & Human Services
Weeks Per Year| 178 day contract
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic| N/A
Total Hours/Week - Academic| N/A
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer| N/A
Total Hours/Week - Summer| N/A
Wage Grade/Pay Rate| N/A
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Medical Assistant Instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, Beaver Dam Campus. This position will be in the Medical Assistant program, however, class assignments and locations may vary from term to term. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Health. This instructor may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District, perform practicum site visitations, and may be required to teach on evenings and weekends.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial consideration will take place June 17, 2019
Beginning: August 2019
1. Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to
the College's core values. Establish a professional and safe learning
environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills
and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom
management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of
2. Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
3. Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
4. Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and updating of curriculum.
5. Collaborate with College staff to recruit students. Assist with student recruitment by participating in College recruitment events, partnering with student recruitment staff, maintaining relationships with alumni and proactively promoting the College and services offered.
6. Collaborate with College staff to retain students and help them be successful. Work with Student Services staff to provide guidance to students. Assist in advising students regarding course enrollment, program and course content, lifelong learning and other program-related subjects.
7. Work with internal customers, including student services staff, adjunct faculty and other College staff, to provide consistent, effective learning and support for students. Support the College by staying current with internal and external changes and provide input by participating in College meetings and activities.
8. Build and maintain ongoing relationships with community, industry and clinical partners. Participate in external meetings and activities.
9. Actively participate in professional growth activities, such as: networking and sharing with and among faculty across the College, memberships and professional organizations, accepting and incorporating guidance and support from peers and supervisors, staying up-to-date with technology trends, maintaining occupational competence, staying current in the field and creating and maintaining a professional development plan. Assist with mentoring other full-time and adjunct faculty.
10. Maintain equipment and supplies for the classroom and labs, as necessary to support the assigned program area and future trends in industry. Work with supervisor to identify alternative funding sources as needed.
1. Bachelor's Degree required. If no Bachelor's degree, applicant must be
willing to obtain a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited program. Progress
toward a Bachelor's Degree will be measured through the successful completion
of a minimum of six (6) credits of coursework annually, beginning with the
second year of employment.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of paid work experience, within the past five (5) years, related to the program (s) being taught. Must have experience in a medical office with an electronic health records system.
3. Qualified Instructors have performed the following job duties in an out- patient clinical setting; process billing, maintain equipment, inventory control, schedule medical appointments, record medical history, assist specialist, coding procedures, file medical records, sterilize instruments, obtain blood pressure, administer medications, instruct/educate patients, ,medical records control, assist with surgical procedures, assist with insurance claims, participate in community health programs, assist with examinations and treatment, collect specimens, basic laboratory testing procedures, and perform ECG and spirometry.
4. Must be current and competent in the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) Core Curriculum objectives included in their assigned teaching, as evidenced by education and/or experience, and have instruction in educational theory and techniques.
5. Must have a relevant credential or healthcare licensure; CMA (AAMA) strongly preferred. RMA or other Medical Assistant credential accredited by the NCCA or ANSI will be considered.
6. Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
8. Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College's educational philosophy.
9. Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
11. Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet and email. Experience with an electronic health records system. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms and student management systems preferred.
12. Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
13. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively.
14. Previous community involvement and a desire to give back to the profession and community.
15. Must meet Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements as detailed in Chapter of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
Employers, if you have an open position and you like to post your job for free, simply email us at email@example.com and we will post it on our site.