Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
This position performs technically accurate electroencephalographic (brain wave) testing and collects other data pertinent to the interpretation of test results under the direction of a registered EEG Technologist or the EEG Laboratory Medical Director. Data collected is utilized by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders.
Essential Job Duties
1. Performs technically accurate electroencephalographic (brain wave) testing that is free from electrical disturbances (artifacts) that may cause unreliable studies. Collects and documents data pertinent to the interpretation of test results including all remarkable events. Relays concerns to physicians.
2. Provides and facilitates patient and family education by reviewing medical records and interviewing patients to obtain pertinent history and explaining testing procedures. Documents patient response to teaching and instruction and obtains any additional information required. Key partnerships include: patients, families, providers, management and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
3. Performs biologic and physiologic quality controls (Biocals) to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
4. Maintains equipment and troubleshoots hardware and software malfunctions to ensure proper performance. Maintains a clean, safe environment in preparation for patient care.
5. During the delivery of services, uses supplies and resources efficiently and effectively.
6. Completes billing forms for tests in an accurate and timely manner to ensure proper payment and reimbursement.
7. Integrates regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements into practice to ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Practices within scope of Intermountain and facility policies and procedures and understands legal implications of care delivery.
8. Under the direction of the EEG System Manager and/or the EEG System QA Coordinator, teaches and shares knowledge and expertise with trainees, students, new employees, and other hospital staff as well as patients and families in the provision of EEG procedures.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Employers, if you have an open position and you like to post your job for free, simply email us at email@example.com and we will post it on our site.