From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their
overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of
highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the
right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in
21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided
high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the
communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
EMT - Basic, responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Basic
Life Support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the
appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state Department of
- Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
- Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
- Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
- Operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
- Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accurately map to a designation.
- Practice within your certification skillset.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Maintain knowledge about job and medical field.
- Current state EMT certification as required by State.
- Current CPR certification card
- Current state Driver's License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
- Certification/education as required by state
Rural/Metro Corporation_ is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. _