Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, 2 years in the specialty area preferred.
Actively pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required for those hired into the role prior to October 1, 2018.
A BSN is required for those hired into the role after October 1, 2018.
Transition Plan for those currently in the role for meeting Educational
- Begin BSN within two years of October 1, 2011
- Complete BSN degree by October 1, 2018
Charge Nurse experience preferred
Demonstrates exceptional professional role model behavior that supports initiatives in a positive, consistent manner.
Demonstrates clinical competence and ownership of practice.
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills consistent with
Relationship Based Care (RBC), Commitment to Co-worker, Munson Medical Center's Mission and Values.
Demonstrates exceptional problem solving skills.
Demonstrates ability to organize, identify, change priorities and be flexible in decisions.
Demonstrates ability to lead/direct others through positive role modeling, honesty, integrity, direct communication, inspiration, and holding self- accountable.
Demonstrates participation in organizational and / or unit based process improvements.
1. Under the direction of the Manager/Director of the specialty unit, provides
clinical and supervisory support to staff. Coordinates day to day operations
of the unit.
2. Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the specialty team, including care providers and staff and is a liaison with other departments/units within the hospital.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) _ x All ages (birth & above)
No clinical contact with patients
Maternity: Neonates; female adolescences, young adults and adults.
ICU: Fifteen years through geriatrics.
D4: Adolescence though geriatrics
Supports the mission statement of Munson Healthcare, Munson Medical Center, and Munson Nursing: Munson Healthcare and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
Standards of Practice
• Maintains and evaluates patient and staff data collection systems and processes to support the practice of nursing and delivery of patient care within their defined areas/s of responsibility.
• Evaluates assessment practices to assure timely, reliable, valid and comprehensive data collection.
• Fosters and evaluates an environment that empowers and supports staff, including the professional nurse in analysis of assessment data and in decisions to determine relevant diagnoses.
Identification of Outcomes
• Maintains and evaluates processes that promote RBC and desired patient- centered outcomes that are culturally sensitive and inclusive of patient/family needs according to accepted standards of clinical nursing practice.
• Promotes the integration of clinical and human resource data to support decision-making, which maximizes resource utilization.
• Facilitates and empowers registered nurses to assume accountability for patient outcomes in their area of responsibility.
• Supports organizational and RBC Unit Action Council plans related to the delivery of unit based nursing services and patient care.
• Oversees and assists with evaluation of plan of care with the patient, family and other health care providers that prescribe interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Facilitates patient flow on unit as it relates to admissions and discharges.
• Assures the plan of care is safe, timely and appropriate.
• Coordinates resources for maximum utilization of daily systems.
• Evaluates patient care in relation to expected outcomes.
• Participates in the evaluation of programs, processes and desired patient- centered outcomes.
Professional Performance Standards
Quality of Care and Leadership Practice
• Embraces and supports Relationship Based Care and the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Medical Center.
• Assists with evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
• Provides leadership in establishing a culture of safety.
• Supports a shared governance philosophy.
• Assists manager/director to evaluate staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statues and regulations, and organizational criteria, and RBC philosophy.
• Assists manager / director through participation in the Annual Discussion process of same shift staff as well as providing assistance and feedback with the corrective action process as needed by unit.
• Mentors and coaches staff to attain optimal performance.
• Seeks additional knowledge and skills appropriate to the practice setting by participating in educational programs and activities, conferences, workshops and self-directed learning.
• Supports staff in meeting their educational needs.
• Supports and assists in maintaining a healthy learning environment for staff and students if applicable.
• Fosters a professional environment.
• Role models collaborative relationships between nursing, medicine and other disciplines.
• Supports a climate of effective communication by role modeling Commitment to Co-workers.
• Bases actions and decisions on ethical principles.
• Utilizes the Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide practice.
• Fosters a non-discriminatory climate in which care is delivered in a manner sensitive to sociocultural diversity.
• Collaborates with staff, providers and other disciplines and departments for provision of seamless delivery of services.
• Utilizes current research findings and current practice guidelines to strengthen patient care.
• Supports and facilitates the involvement of nursing staff in evaluation and integration of research into the delivery of nursing care.
• Assigns patient care consistent with organizational policies, primary nursing model of care, procedures, legal, and regulatory requirements, according to the knowledge and skills of the designated caregiver as per unit standards.
• Maximizes utilization of scarce resources.
Employers, if you have an open position and you like to post your job for free, simply email us at email@example.com and we will post it on our site.