More than 500 board-certified physicians, 200+ mid-level providers, and 1,500 clinical and support staff in over 40 specialties provide patients with a broad range of medical and surgical services. FHMG operates over 160 offices, providing compassionate, multidisciplinary care to more than one million patients a year. FHMG is affiliated with Florida Hospital and is a subsidiary of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care system in the nation, supporting 43 hospitals in 10 states. In existence since 1994, FHMG (originally known as Florida Physicians Medical Group) has demonstrated consistent growth and stability in an ever-changing health care market.
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual obtains clinical, financial and demographic patient data and assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider. Performs front office duties as needed and assigned.
*If working in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Practice, the following additional standards apply:
Our team continuously works with the quality team and practice coaches to
implement and maintain NCQA/PCMH standards.
Participates in educational sessions to improve skills as appropriate
Participates in the collection of quality data
Assists clinical staff providers with providing patients with outside resources and materials
Assists in identifying and documenting cultural and linguistic needs of patients
Assists in identifying and documenting advanced directives
Assists clinical staff and providers with obtaining ER and Hospital information
* Assists in arranging follow up appointments as indicated by clinical staff and providers
Able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally run; able to bend, twist, stoop;
able to assist patients of all weights into wheelchairs, up to stretcher and
transfer patients with assistance, using proper body mechanics. Requires full
range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and
finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires normal visual acuity and
hearing. The use of personal protective equipment and strict adherence to body
substance isolation technique is required. Requires the ability to verbally
communicate clearly and effectively with patients and co-workers. May be
exposed to disease, radiation and toxic chemicals in the course of performing
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program preferred.
3. 1 year medical office experience preferred.
4. Experience with computers and associated clinical software preferred.
5. Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately.
6. Must be willing to float to other FHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
7. Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
1. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification, American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certification or current, valid Florida State Board of Nursing, Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse License. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification or American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certification is required to be obtained with the first 90 days of employment for those not possessing this minimum certification. (Not required for current LPN or RN license.) National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Certification will be accepted for employees who began employment prior to November 15, 2012, but the certification must not lapse or else is required to then obtain AAMA or AMT Certification or LPN or RN license.
2. Current, valid CPR certification is required.
What makes working at Florida Hospital Medical Group special? We recognize your investment in a health care career, and we are truly dedicated to your success. We promote positive feedback as well as help you accomplish professional and personal goals.
We hope you are interested to develop your healthcare career in our dynamic
faith based organization. Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of
Christ. Our employees are welcomed to join our Spiritual Ambassador Program
which highlights our dedication to each other and our community.
A Spiritual Ambassador is one who: Loves & Cares, Prays & Listens, Comforts & Supports and Encourages & Smiles.
While living our mission, Spiritual Ambassadors create a culture of caring within our practices through various activities. They minister to co-workers and patients, helping them experience trust, belonging and hope.
The size of Florida Hospital Medical Group offers you flexibility to explore different types of medical practices and gain valuable experience. Florida Hospital Medical Group is closely linked with Florida Hospital, Centra Care and is under the Adventist Health Care system, which is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the nation.
FHMG Recruitment Team is here to support your career search and goals. Together, we can explore the many opportunities that fit your life. We offer excellent working conditions that help you maintain a positive attitude and work/life balance. We value wellness of mind, body and spirit of all our employees.
Our competitive benefits cover:
Health and Wellness:
-Health, Dental, and Vision
-Life, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
-Cancer and Specified Diseases Plan
-Paid Days Off
-Healthy 100 Employee Program
FINANCIAL Tools and Plans:
-Flexible Spending Accounts
-Adopt a Family
-Backpacks for Kids
-Employee Assistance Program
-Various Onsite Services and Amenities
FLORIDA HOSPITAL MEDICAL GROUP IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD FOR RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, STATUS WITH REGARD TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, OR VETERAN STATUS, AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
Employers, if you have an open position and you like to post your job for free, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on our site.