Patient Access Specialist - Registration - Celebration - Per Diem
Florida Hospital Celebration Health seeks to hire a Patient Access Specialist
who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration
Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a
cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida.
The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to
residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors
from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory"
of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind,
body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 8a - 5:30p
The Patient Access Specialist, under supervision, registers patients for
service types. Meets or exceeds collection standard by timely verification of
insurance benefits, when applicable, and determines financial responsibility
to the hospital. Creates good faith estimate of patients' financial
responsibility, and documents all attempts accordingly. Meets or exceeds
accuracy standard goals. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical
partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary
and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary
service to both internal and external customers, and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to
Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan to all rules and regulations of all
applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiarity with database programs
- Ability to operate general office machines such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, and scanners
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple task, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
- Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer programs, such as Cerner (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology (Preferred)
- Exposure to insurance benefits; ability to decipher insurance benefit information
- Bilingual - English/Spanish (Preferred)
- One (1) or more years of customer services experience
- Associate's degree and/or higher level education, or completed coursework, in Health Services Administration or other related medical or business field (Preferred)
- Prior collections experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity,
Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the
organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Registers patients for services and achieves accuracy. Works patient accounts in regards to insurance identification and selection, along with required protocols associated with insurance selection. Ensures timely discharge is facilitated and reimbursement is maximized. Properly identifies patients, ensures armband accuracy, inputs demographics information, and secures the required forms to ensure compliance with regulatory policies.
- Creates accurate good faith estimates in an effort to maximize up-front cash collections, in addition to, adding collection documentation where required. Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal, assigned to location of responsibility, to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections. Reviews all collection reports timely, as assigned by leadership. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs. Uses utmost caution that authorizations and pre-certifications are correct and as accurate as possible to avoid rejections and/or denials. Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online eligibility and pre-certification tools made available.
- Achieves productivity standard by monitoring patient tracking board to proactively identify patients that require registration to be completed. Ensures patient demographics and account information is appropriate for account type as directed. Uses utmost caution in patient and employee safety by following established guidelines, such as, hand washing and following contact precautions.
- Accountable for maintaining a working relationship with clinical partners to ensure open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments, and enhances patient experiences.
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and availability for all clinical partners' registration needs. Arranges relief coverage during extended time away from registration area. Meets attendance requirements, and maintains schedule flexibility, as required. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- When working Guest Services: performs other specialty services and duties as requested to ensure the smooth operation of the Guest Services/Information department. Maintains up-to- date and thorough knowledge of assigned Florida Hospital campuses and phone numbers in order to provide guests and patients the most accurate information and directions possible. Promotes a safe work environment by following through with ID badging system of guests, as required. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines when dealing with patient information.
- Attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team. Proactively looks for ways to improve department processes and engages in action planning to enhance both patient experience and employee engagement. Participates in activities that promote camaraderie and a friendly work environment. Enthusiastically participates in departments initiatives.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest
quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Patient Access
Specialist opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Patient Access, Registration, Orlando