Req ID: 106054
WE ARE HIRING
Motivated and compassionate EMTs to join our AMR family!
Salary Earning Potential up to 42k* (depending on experience and shifts)
Start or enhance your career as an EMT professional with the largest 911
Ambulance provider and have an opportunity to transfer to the 911 division
after successfully completing at least 6 months of IFT. For those who have
experience with a transport provider, that experience may be considered for
~EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS~
Now offering employees a $250.00 referral bonus for a qualified EMT hire that
SUMMARY: The successful applicant is an active part of a team which responds
to requests for service and participates in delivering high quality patient
care and customer service. This EMT is highly motivated and compassionate,
providing the best care possible while ensuring the highest degree of safety
of each and every one of our patients.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- State of California Emergency Medical Technician certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification
- CPR card must be AHA (American Heart Association)
- California Driver's License
- California Ambulance Driver's Certificate
- California Medical Examiner's Card
- Driving record in compliance with AMR safety and driving record
- Previous work experience in the healthcare and/or customer service fields desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicles.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts. Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned
Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to appropriate Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory trainings/in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service with patients and allied healthcare/public safety personnel.
- Adheres to medical treatment protocols.
- Appropriately operates communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test.
- Attributes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
Current offerings may include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Cancer Care Coverage, Accident Care Coverage, Short-Term Disability and Hospital Confinement Coverage)
- Tuition Reimbursement (In Most Locations)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Flexible scheduling
- One-on-one patient care
- Work with the latest equipment & technology
- Professional working environment
- Competitive wages & Sign On Bonuses
- Referral Programs PAY $$$ to YOU for your referrals of other Healthcare Professionals
Keywords : EMT , Emergency Medical Technician , 911 , Ambulance , Emergency
Medicine, American Medical Response , AMR , SUTTER , Alameda , Hayward ,
Fremont , Castro Valley , Berkeley , Livermore , Oakland , San Leandro , Union
Make most of your Emergency Medicine career!
Note: If you are a current AMR employee you need to apply on Success Factors
through the employee portal in order for your application to be processed
Important Notice: If you are unable to submit your application due to
technical difficulties please email Magdalena.Castrejon@amr.net
"AMR is an EOE including Disabled and Veterans."